What you need to know about Horse Flu.
EQUINE FLU PRECAUTIONS:
What do I need to CHECK before entering an Endurance GB ride?
OK if flu passport records show:
· Your horse has annual boosters within the last 4 years (each less than 365 days apart)
· AND 8 days have elapsed since their last vaccine
· If you started, or re-started, a vaccine programme:
- 1st and 2nd jabs must be 21-92 days apart
- THEN provided 8 days have elapsed before Ride Day, YOU CAN ENTER!
EGB ask you to send in a copy of your records with your entry, for us to check.
We will REFUSE your entry (and refund any entry fee paid) if:
· ANY Booster in the last 4 years is more than 365 days apart - UNLESS you have restarted the course and meet the above requirements.
· 1st, 2nd & 3rd vaccine intervals do not meet requirements.
YOUR HORSE’S passport must be brought to the ride.
PLEASE STAY AWAY (and request refund):
· if your horse is showing signs of illness - or if they have had recent direct contact with a horse that is showing signs of illness.
· if they have had direct contact with a horse that been recently (within the last 21 days) imported into the UK